I am honoured to be nominated and to run for Town Councillor in Ward 7 in the upcoming 2018 Oakville municipal election.
I am so grateful for the support of my family, friends and neighbours during this campaign, and I look forward to meeting with many of you over the next months and learning how I can work with you to improve Ward 7.
(Picnic at Coronation Park)
Worked in the Public Affairs teams at the City of Mississauga/City of Guelph
- At the City of Guelph, I served as a Communications Coordinator for the City’s Engineering department, where I updated the public on various capital projects underway. In this role, I learnt not only the importance of communicating the progress of large municipal projects with residents and business in a simple way (including telling them when roads will be closed or their water/electricity will be shut off) but also, how to ask project managers the right questions to ensure that these large capital projects stayed on track – on time and on budget.
Served on the Oakville Public Library Board of Directors from 2011 to 2015
- Served as Vice Chair of the Board
- Served on the Finance and Audit committee
- Served on the Fundraising and Advocacy Task Force
- Assisted with strategic planning and performance monitoring
Active in the Oakville community
- Over the years, I have volunteered countless hours with local community organizations such as the Oakville Terry Fox Run, the Oakville Santa Claus parade, and the Oakville United Way.
I am currently working in the National Communications team at Sobeys Inc., sharing some of the amazing work being done by Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo., Price Chopper, Thrifty Foods and Lawtons Drugs employees as they serve Canadians in our offices, stores and distribution centres across the country.
If you would like to learn more about my professional background, please see my complete chronological resume on my LinkedIn profile.
- B.A. Hons. in Political Science
- PostGrad Certificate in Corporate Communications